Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Waiter, there's a taco in my soup

Meghan, who sits outside my office, has to put up with my incessant rantings about the food I've made and the restaurants I've been to. Well, the other day she gave back, in the form of a delicious and oh-so-simple recipe for Taco Soup.

I made it last weekend and Meghan was right. Now, with the cool weather coming, I feel an uncontrollable urge to share the recipe with you.

LIBBY'S TACO SOUP (modified a bit by Neil)

What to buy
- 1 lb boneless chicken breast
- Emeril's essence
- 2 cans 14.5 stewed chopped tomatoes
- 1 can Rotel tomatoes
- 1 can corn (with juice)
- 1 can pinto beans (rinsed and drained)
- 1 can black beans (rinsed and drained)
- 1 package Hidden Valley Dip mix
- 1/2 package taco seasoning

What to do
1. Sprinkle Emeril's essence on chicken and grill. Let cool. Dice.

2. Put all ingredients into a pot and simmer on a low flame for 1 hour covered.

3. Serve w/cheese, avocado, and/or sour cream.

Ole!

No comments:

Post a Comment